In the photo above we see the unassuming main street of Huntington, Utah. A quaint town of approximately 2000 individuals located on the eastern side of the Wasatch Front and the bane of my existence. “What?!” You may exclaim. “ What has this small innocent country town ever done to you?” Well, let me tell you that town is not innocent! One day as the crew and I were on our way to the project area known as “Buns of Steel Part II” (this project being a whole other story) we came upon the little ‘innocent’ town of Huntington and encountered hundreds of these (see picture below).
What an unassuming little barrel, except when you are facing down hundreds of these orange construction barrels with no pattern indicating route in site and signs that appear to contradict each other.
Take this photo for example, do you even know where to go! No! So, with the crew trying their best to be backseat drivers and trying to point me in the right direction I ended up weaving in and out of the barrels, in a government vehicle of all things, until finally I turned off into a side street and took it to the other side of town. Thank heavens for the grid system in Utah and shame on you Huntington for thinking you could repair your roads without confusing abounding by those who drive through your town.




I don't think I'd categorize that barrel man as smiling. More of a "I'm about to eat your face if you don't go the right way" kind of a look...
ReplyDelete