In this entry I feel I must expound upon the joys of fine cuisine. Since I tend to travel quite a bit I have found that it is possible to get every meal of the day from gas stations. It Is not for the faint hearted or health conscious to pursue such a lifestyle. I feel like a kid in a candy store or a wine connoisseur in Napa Valley (I hope that analogy works since I know nothing of wine) when I enter a gas station. There are so many wonders to behold. The variety of chips, nuts, sodas, candies, and hot dogs produce sensory overload. Oft times I find myself in a conundrum not sure what product to consume. Few if any of the products actually contain any worthwhile nutritional attributes and could be placed directly on the hips since that’s where it will eventually go.
To support my goal of daily gas station meals my crew members named my stomach Gilly Maverick, in honor of my two favorite gas stations.
Maverick is a Utah gas station chain with the best breakfasts ever. They have what is called a ‘breakfast bundle.’ It is basically cheese, egg, and your choice of meat (ham, steak, bacon, or sausage) wrapped up in a nice little bundle of bread smothered with butter on top. It is delicious and even now my mouth is watering as I write this.
Gilly is its own unique identity in the small town of Ferron. Not only is it a gas station but also houses the only motel for miles around. Forget Europe or the Bahamas, that’s where I want to spend my vacation!
I could continue to discuss the various gas stations of the small towns of Utah and their unique contributions to my diet, however I feel I have sufficiently covered this topic. I encourage one and all to enjoy the cuisines of your local gas stations and don’t forget the Tums.


No comments:
Post a Comment